3 TIPS to help you focus reading the BIBLE
- 3 TIPS to help you focus reading the BIBLE
- Get started reading the Bible, when there’s no time.
- 5 tips to help you understand the Bible
- How to consistently read the Bible?
We know Bible reading is essential to nourish our soul. And yet, most of us struggle with various aspects of it regularly. In these series of posts I will tackle them one by one with practical tips you can use right away.
Unable to focus while reading the Bible?
Here are 3 practical tips to help you:
1. Read Aloud: I’m serious. Remember how as kids we were encouraged to read aloud and learn coz it helps us retain and understand better. Well, it also helped to focus and concentrate. And no, you don’t have to do it like you’re standing in front of the class, just loud enough for you to hear, should do. And here’s what will make a bigger difference. Read it 3 times. Try it
2. Use your finger: There’s something about engaging more than one of your senses. So, while reading aloud you’ve used your sense of sound, add your sense of touch to it. Follow the finger while reading and don’t try to jump. Your Bible is not for speed reading practice.
3. Take smaller chunks: A para, a parable, a few verses, a chapter. You ain’t holding a novel in your hand. So the purpose isn’t to finish it as fast as you can. The point is for it to bear fruit. It needs to dig a hole, get planted as a seed, be nourished by water before it can break forth. If you know anything about gardening, then you know that it takes time. So allow the Word of God to transform you slowly.
Go ahead, try these out and let me know how it’s helped you.
What are some things you do that help you focus?
Get a simple Bible reading guide here to get you started.